Title: Call Taker
Report to: Operations Manager
Summary of Position:
The purposes of this position is to courteously and expeditiously answer all calls for service, and to provide support services to drivers, Supervisors and all members of the department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming calls clearly, collect all information from the caller with a pleasant and helpful tone, enter the required accurately into the computer.
- From time to time assist Supervisor with clerical duties as requested.
- Take information from customers on lost and found.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Vets Cab equipment and applications.
- Comply with all Vets Cab policy and procedures.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be able to speak clearly and be courteous.
- Be able to maintain a working telephone and reliable transportation.
- Pass a background investigation.
- Be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and mandatory overtime.
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance. Attend required staff meetings.
Job Knowledge/Skills Required
- Ability to make sound decisions based upon departments policy and procedure, react with reason, and be able to explain the basis for the decision.
- Ability to read a map.
- Ability to gather information from a caller while simultaneously typing the information into the computer.
- Ability to manage callers in a courteous, professional, and respectful manner.
- Typing skills.
- Technical computer skills are an asset.
- Must be a team player.
This job operates in a professional office environment, which uses standard office equipment such as computer, phones and headsets.
The physical demands described here are representive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and sit for long periods of time. The employee frequently is required to use both hands and fingers.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This will be a full time position, upon gaining sufficient on the job training. 40 hours per week, with the schedule varying (all shifts) from time to time which will include weekends.